Are crooked teeth holding you back from feeling confident about your appearance? Do you find yourself holding your hand over your mouth when speaking, laughing or smiling? North Dallas cosmetic dentist Darian Hampton has a solution for you: Six Month Smiles®. As the name suggests, you could have a straighter, more beautiful smile in just six months! This is great news if you have an upcoming wedding, high school reunion, family gathering or a big work event in the fall — or, if you simply want to feel more confident in the way you look.
What Is Six Month Smiles®?
Six Month Smiles® is a short-term orthodontic system that straightens your teeth gently and gradually. The system uses inconspicuous braces — composed of clear plastic or tooth-colored material and thin wires — to move the teeth that show when you smile.
Why Should I Choose Six Month Smiles®?
There are many reasons to consider treatment with Six Months Smiles®, including the following:
- The clear braces are very discreet, so hardly anyone will be able to tell you’re undergoing orthodontic treatment.
- Six Month Smiles® braces are attached to your teeth (and not removable like ClearCorrect) so you don’t need to worry about forgetting to put in your aligners after you eat or brush them.
- The system is generally less expensive than alternative orthodontic systems, such as ClearCorrect, and cosmetic dentistry options like porcelain veneers.
- The braces exert low force, so treatment is not painful.
- The average treatment time is six months, meaning some patients achieve a straighter smile in less than half a year!
- Straighter teeth are easier to keep clean through brushing and flossing.
- Closing gaps between the teeth reduces the risk of cavities and periodontal disease.
- Most teenagers (over 15) and adults are suitable candidates for Six Month Smiles®.